Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Matukio ya Uhalifu North
Saturday, May 17, 2010
Regional Police Commander
Tarime Roria Region.
Ref: Summary of security related events for 24-hour period up to 17th May 2010.
1. 855 criminal trespassers identified on the North Mara property for suspected illegal mining activities.
2. 41 criminal trespassers identified on the North Mara property for unknown intent.
· At 07:48 hours the security control room received a report that a group of fifteen (15) trespassers entered the capital drilling compound where drill rig DR11 was working on the Northern part of Nyabirama pit. The Security response vehicle responded whereby the trespassers fled the scene. They managed to steal one (1) file (tool) and to damage an electrical cable from DR11.
· At 12:00 hours security coordinator reported that whilst escorting a Mantrack vehicle to the rubbish dumping site, fourteen (14) children managed to steal three (3) empty rubbish drums from the Mantrack vehicle. Nothing was recovered.
4. Attempted theft:
· At 16:34 hours four (4) criminal trespassers attempted to steal scrap metal from the light vehicle lay yard. The security response vehicle responded whereby the criminal trespassers fled the scene. They were unsuccessful in their attempt.
· At 19:45 hours four (4) trespassers armed with bush knifes and machetes approached the guards posted at the source 1 water pump area. The guards called for assistance from the security patrol vehicle. The vehicle responded whereby the trespassers fled the scene. Their intention was unknown.
· At 21:50 hours two (2) trespassers where seen near light plant LP02 by mining personal in the Gokona cut back one area. The security patrol vehicle was called for assistance and responded to the area whereby the two trespassers fled the scene. Their intention was unknown and nothing was reported stolen.
· At 23:12 hours the sustainability guards reported two suspects attempting to cut the sustainability compound fence. The security vehicle responded whereby the two suspects fled the scene. Their intention was unknown and they were unsuccessful in their attempt to cut the compound fence.
5. Illegal Blasting:
· At 22:40 hours a group of twenty (20) trespassers conducted illegal blasting inside Nyabigena pit. Police case file opened with reference number NYM/997/2010.
· At 00:05 hours a second illegal blasting was conducted by the same group of people. Police case opened with reference number NYM/RB/997/2010.
· At 00:23 hours a third illegal blast was conducted by the same group of people inside Nyabigena pit. Police case file opened with reference number NYM/997/2010
· At 03:55 hours a group of twenty (20) trespassers conducted illegal blasting inside Nyabigena pit. Police case file opened with reference number NYM/998/2010.